Serving Our Community
67 High Street, Willington, Co Durham. DL15 0PF
t: 01388 417725 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Town Mayor: Councillor Fraser Tinsley Town Clerk: Mrs Helen Cogdon
The Civic Fund
The Civic Fund is an award of up to £50 towards small activities and events. Resident groups in the area are welcome to apply. It is unlikely that the Council will fund individuals as they prefer to support a number of beneficiaries.
To apply simply write to the Town Clerk telling us about your group and how it operates and what you want us to fund, outlining your costs. You will receive a decision within 14 days.
The Community Fund
A Grant is available up to a maximum award of £500. Grants will not exceed 75% of the total project costs. Applications can be submitted by each group, once a year.
It is important to us that we respond to your request for funding as soon as possible however incomplete applications can not be assessed so please ensure you provide all the information requested in the application guidance notes.
If you or your group is active in the Town Council area you may be eligible to apply.
Grant applications will be examined by an assessment panel who will make recommendation to the Committee for approval. Every effort will be made to ensure that the panel has sufficient information to assess the application fairly. However it is the applicant’s responsibility to submit a complete application.
Incomplete applications will be returned to the applicant and will not be considered.
The panel’s decision is final.
The Offer once made is not subject to negotiation.
The successful applicants are expected to;
• Act fairly and in good faith at all times in connection with this grant
• Comply with any reasonable request made by G.W.T.C on the performance management, good practice, monitoring, health and safety, insurance requirements
and reporting of the project
• Pay the utmost regard to the standing and reputation of the council and will not by act or omission do anything that will bring the reputation of G.W.T.C into disrepute.
• The successful applicant will at all times observe the highest standards of efficiency, economy, courtesy, consideration and hygiene.
• Maintain a full record of costs.
• Pay the utmost regard to the safeguarding of public money against misleading claims for payment and notify the council immediately if there is reason to suspect a serious irregularity or fraud has occurred or is occurring.
©2020 Greater Willington Town Council